Please review and correct the information below.

Personal budgets - social care - adults

A personal budget is an amount of funding available to you from Hull Adult Social Care. It is used to provide you with the care and support you need to help you live your life.

Anyone aged 18 or over who is eligible for social care support will have a personal budget. You can use the money to buy services from the council, from other providers, or a mixture of both.

You can decide to leave your personal budget with Hull Adult Social Care for them to manage on your behalf. If you choose this option, then your support worker arranges the support you need.

You may decide to take it as a direct payment that you manage so you can arrange your own support. Whatever you decide, you can change your mind at any time and change how your budget is managed.

If you manage some, or the entire budget yourself, you are paid the personal budget into your bank account. This is called a direct payment.

More information about personal budgets (external website)

NHS information page personal budgets

Personal budgets helpline

Do you know what this button does?

BrowseAloud makes this website accessible to those who require online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.

It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.

Choosing the BrowseAloud button brings up a toolbar with a variety of options including –

Please take some time to familiarise yourself with this function. If you need any help please contact us at