We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.
Hull SEN & Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
SENDIASS operates a telephone advice line Monday to Friday - 01482 467 541
SENDIASS supports parents (who have a child/children 0-25 years that has/have Special Education Needs), young people and professionals.
The type and range of support offered at Hull SENDIASS includes-
- Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/ disability law from independently trained staff
- Advice for parent/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress
- Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support
- Individual casework and representation where needed including support in attending meetings, contributing to assessments and reviews and participating in decisions about outcomes for the child or young person.
- Support for parents and young people in managing mediation and appeals to the SEND Tribunal
Young people's SENDIASS (https://www.kids.org.uk/my-sendiass) is for people aged 16 – 25 who have special educational needs or a disability. The type and range of support offered at Hull SENDIASS for those over 16 can support young people by -
- Providing information, advice and support to young people (and if they choose, their parents/carers) on issues relating to education, health and social care.
- Ensuring the information, advice and support is accessible and meaningful to the young person.
- To use a key working approach and become a single point of contact for the young person, to ensure a holistic and coordinated provision of services and support.
- Encouraging self advocacy and ensuring that young people can participate fully in the decisions that affect their lives.
Telephone: 01482 467 541 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address - 182 Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 4DJ
Website: Hull SENDIASS | KIDS(Opens in a new window)
If you would like to make an online enquiry or check what KIDS Hull services are available, please use the following link: