We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.

Text size:

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you or someone that you live with has a disability, you may be eligible to receive a financial assistance to help pay for adaptations to your home. This is called a disabled facilities grant.

You can apply to us for help to adapt your property to make it easier and safer to live in your home. There are various adaptations available, including –

  • stair lifts
  • ramps
  • level access showers

To qualify, the person being considered must have –

  • substantially impaired sight, hearing or speech
  • mental health issues
  • substantial physical disability caused by illness, injury or impairment

Our Occupational Therapist needs to visit and assess your needs in your home. Disabled facilities grants are means tested and funding is potentially available up to £30,000.

For more information, telephone 01482 300 300.

More information here Disabled Facilities Grant | Hull City Council (Hull City Council website)

Last updated: 11/3/2021