We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.
16-19 Bursary Fund
You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19 and:
- studying at a publicly funded school or college in England - not a university
- on a training course, including unpaid work experience
A publicly funded school is one that does not charge you for attending it.
There’s a different scheme in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
If you are 19 or over
You could also get a bursary if you either:
- are continuing on a course you started aged 16 to 18 (known as being a ’19+ continuer’)
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
What is a bursary for?
A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like:
- clothing, books and other equipment for your course
- transport and lunch on days you study or train