Do you know what this button does?
BrowseAloud makes this website accessible to those who require online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
Choosing the BrowseAloud button brings up a toolbar with a variety of options including â€“
- speak mode reads webpages
- translate translates into a wide variety of languages which can also be read aloud
- screen mask highlights area making it easy to read
- text magnifier increases text size
- settings for all of the above
Please take some time to familiarise yourself with this function. If you need any help please contact us at LocalOffer@hullcc.gov.uk