Please review and correct the information below.
Early Years Access and Inclusion Team
Who are we?
- The Access and Inclusion Team are part of the Early Years Team at Hull City Council
- We are a team of
- 3 Full time equivalent Teachers (Area SENCOs)
- 2.5 Inclusion Support Officers
- 1 Quality Improvement Officer
How will we Support your child in their setting?
- If your child is not yet in a setting we can come and see them at home before they start
- We can plan a meeting/visit at the setting to make sure they have as much information as possible to ensure everything is in place for your child before they start
- We will help the setting plan a supported transition into nursery which suit the needs of your child
- We will monitor your child’s progress and how they have settled through regular meetings, observations and reviews
- If your child needs more intensive support we can provide funding to give a higher staff ratio and support referrals to other agencies
- We will support your child’s transition into school.
How can we help?
- We can do home visits, sometimes they may be with other professionals eg Health visitor, nursery staff, Portage worker, physio, etc.
- We can support transition into the nursery to ensure the setting know and understand your child’s needs as much as possible
- We will arrange a “Team Around the Family” (TAF) meeting with all professionals involved to ensure that everyone is working together to support your child
- We will support the setting/staff to enable them to provide the care and support your child’s needs whilst they are in attendance
- We can provide additional resources/funding where a child requires intensive support and interventions in the setting
- We provide a range of specialist training to upskill staff working with children with a wide range of difficulties
- We have strong links with other services across the city who work with and support children with additional needs/disabilities
- We will monitor your child’s progress and provision through regular reviews to ensure that their needs are met and any changes required are made
- We will support any referral process that is required including a request for an ‘Education, Health and Care needs assessment’, which may result in an Education Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- We will support your child’s transition from nursery into school.