We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.

Text size:

Adult Social Care Team

Adult social care is a term that covers the wide range of services that we can offer people aged eighteen and over who have social care needs. This might include you if -

  • health problems, physical disability, learning disability, sensory impairments or mental health problems mean that you need support to be safe or live independently
  • you are a carer providing necessary care or support to someone over eighteen. The person you care for does not have to live with you or be a member of your family

The types of support we can offer include -

  • advice and information about what is available in Hull
  • assessment of your needs or support to assess your own needs
  • help to live more independently by providing services such as home care services, day opportunities, equipment or adaptations to your home
  • reablement which gives you temporary support if you have been in hospital, had an accident or illness, or any crisis which means you need a little extra help. The reablement team help you learn or regain skills to be able to live as independently as you can
  • direct payments, which are cash payments we may be able to give you instead of providing care and support services so you can buy them yourself
  • telecare services such as lifeline, medication dispensers, sensors which let someone know if you have got up in the night and much more. Telecare is about useful gadgets, equipment and technology which can help you stay safe and independent
  • supported housing
  • respite care
  • residential or nursing care

We will offer this support to help you to -

  • live more independently
  • maintain relationships with the people who matter to you
  • access work, training, education or volunteering
  • access necessary services in your local community including leisure facilities
  • care for your children

If you are over 18, live in Hull and feel you may need support, contact us to discuss how we might be able to help. You can contact us yourself or ask someone else to do it for you.

We understand it is a big step contacting us for the first time but we guarantee to treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect and will provide you with the advice and information you need to know, what your rights are and what to expect. You can direct and control your own support as much as you wish. This approach is called self directed support. When you contact us, we will talk through your needs with you and, if we feel we can help, we will organise an assessment with you.

If after discussing your needs we find you are not eligible for support from social care services, we can help and advise you about other sources of support.

The Hull Connect to Support website holds information on all services provided by Social Services, find more details here.

Contact us in person, telephone or textphone.

The Wilson Centre CSC
Hull City Council
Alfred Gelder Street

Telephone: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Email: socialcare@hullcc.gov.uk

Opening hours
Monday and Tuesday - 9am - 4.30pm
Wednesday - 10.30am - 4.30pm
Thursday and Friday - 9am - 4.30pm
Saturday - 10am - 1pm
Sunday – closed

Last updated: 9/11/2021