We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.
Child disability team
- Diagnosed disabilities
- Children with gastrostomies and tracheostomy
- Children with diagnosed ASD/Aspergers
- Children with chromosome deletion and associated disabilities
- Children with varied severe epilepsy
- Children with Life Limiting conditions
- Children with complex health needs
- Children at end of life
If you are a parent or a carer of a child with a disability we can help provide you with information, support and advice. We can -
- advise you about aids, equipment and adaptations to the home
- provide information and advice about financial help available to you and child with a disability or additional needs, such as direct payments
- help you find activities for your child throughout the year
- provide information about support groups for you and your child
- provide information, advice and support about learning disabilities
- provide information, advice and support about physical disabilities
- provide you with information about short breaks and holiday activities for you and your child
- provide information about help with parking using the blue badge scheme, and how to apply
- provide advice and support in moving on to adult services
What do our OT’s offer?
- We provide an assessment and provision of equipment, adaptations, rehousing options to meet the child/young person’s and caregivers needs.
- We undertake assessments and approvals of Blue Badge applications.
What is Our Occupational Therapy Teams Aims?
- We aim to ensure that a child/young person is able to reach their true potential.
- We aim to ensure the care giver is able to care for the child/young person safely within their place of residence.
How do I access the Child Disability Team?
To access some services your child may need an assessment of their needs. Please contact us if you wish to request an assessment.
You can also get help with parenting, childcare, finding a job, on training and keeping your family healthy at one of our children’s centres.
Telephone - 01482 715 155 (reception)
Address - Children and Families Disability Team, Hull City Council, Bellfield House, Middlesex Road, Hull, HU8 0RB
Monday – Thursday - 8.30am - 5pm
Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm
Find our 2021 PowerPoint presentation for more information on our service