We always value your feedback to help us improve the website Please leave your comments here.
Equipment and adaptations for children
If you or a member of your family has a disability you can apply for aids and adaptations to help make your life easier. The type of aids and adaptations available to you or your child often includes things such as -
- handrails in the home
- changing tables
To find out more about the type of aids and adaptations that are available and whether you or your child is eligible, please contact us. We will arrange for one of our specially trained staff to assess your needs and undertake an assessment to see if we can help you or your child
Children and Families Disability Team, Hull City Council, Bellfield House, Middlesex Road, Hull
Telephone: 01482 715 155
Visit the website for opening times: Hull City Council information on aids and adaptations for children with disability.
Assessments for children under 18 years.
Once you have contacted us, an occupational therapist will arrange to meet you at your home to assess your needs. The occupational therapist may provide advice about how you can do things differently, or they may find we can help with equipment, aids and/or adaptations.
If you require adaptations to your property, a member of the occupational therapy team will advise you about any cost implication before any work is undertaken.
The occupational therapy team will also advise you on any grants available to contribute to the costs. You may be required to make a contribution for any adaptations following a grant application. You will not be able to apply for a grant for any work that has been undertaken without an assessment being completed.
- Disabled facilities grants
- If you need adaptations to your home because of your age or a disability, you may be eligible to receive a disabled facilities grant to help towards the cost of the adaptations work. These grants are means tested and can provide up to £30,000 of financial support
- Bathing equipment – ask your GP to refer you to the Occupational Therapy Service
- For equipment repair, maintenance and removal contact NRS Healthcare on 0844 893 6375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adapted council properties - If you are interested in becoming a council tenant and you or someone you live with are elderly or disabled, we have a number of existing adapted properties that may meet the needs of you and your family
Tel - 01482 300 300 Text phone - 01482 300 349